Friday, September 30, 2011

Day 344

I was pretty stoked to make this drawing.  After the horrible quality of yesterday's abomination (um, I meant: self-portrait), I felt a strong desire to redeem myself today.  I can't really say that I pulled out the big guns (so to speak) regarding my tools or processes, but it's certainly a little less than coincidence that I returned to pen for this one.  It should be noted, however, that pen was the secondary material this time; I started with a loose pencil drawing, which was then covered with an ink wash.  The pen was actually added only after the ink had dried.

#344 September 29, 2011,  Ink wash and pen

1 comment:

  1. I really like this work. The loose brush and pen work along with the border work well together. I like the crop too.

    ReplyDelete