Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Day 335

It happened again.

I cannot even stress enough how awesome it feels to have an idea surprise me with its intensity and its refusal to leave my mind. As the day wound down, and evening became night, and night became later and later, I found myself working on a written project (incidentally, something that I was quite proud of). This was something that could not be delayed, so regrettably, the day's self-portrait was what had to wait.

Here's the good news.

I've always been a bit of a procrastinator. To put it another way, I generally will wait until the last possible moment to complete a project. Although I've had a few close calls over the years, I've never been completely burned by handling things this way. In fact, when something turns out really well, I tend to praise myself for waiting because the idea, the process, the technique...everything...might have been different and the project could have suffered for it.  While I will readily admit that these projects potentially could have been even better if I had started and completed them earlier, I choose not to focus on the what-ifs in that regard.

With that said, I don't think it matters what this drawing is about.  I throw that out for two reasons: 1.) the image is unique and interesting enough that I believe the viewer can become actively involved with deciphering of their own, because 2.) frankly, I have no idea what it means anyway!

#335 September 20, 2011, Pen
Sounds:  Murderdolls,  Beyond the Valley of the Murderdolls and Women and Children Last

No comments:

Post a Comment