Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Day 328

Way back in college, I took an astronomy class. It was one of those courses that would satisfy a science credit, plus it was a night class that only met once a week, so I figured it would be a good option for me. Little did I know that I would absolutely love it!

Now, I won't say that I've kept up on the subject, although I do enjoy a good book, article, or documentary on astronomy every now and then.

When I was making this drawing, I decided to add something to my blindfolded image...something a little light-hearted. So, I referred back to my toolbox of tricks and opened up a doorway to the inside of my mind. For those following along, I've mentioned before how I love to create doors or drawers or some other sort of opening into the body. Hell, I even have a tattoo that could be read as a star-shaped opening into my body, revealing a hurricane inside!


Interestingly, the portal didn't resemble my standard door; rather, it looked a lot like the opening at the top of an observatory. Sure, I could have created a large telescope protruding from my skull, but I decided to take it in a slightly different direction...

#328 September 13, 2011,  Pen
Sounds: The Avett Brothers, Four Thieves Gone (The Robbinsville Sessions)

No comments:

Post a Comment