Sunday, September 18, 2011

Day 332

I love it when an idea hits me from out of the blue, completely taking hold and not letting go.

I was thinking some things about my relationship with Shana and had some poetic words come to mind about how she has the key to my heart. Sugary sweet things like that.

But very true things, nonetheless.

I love communicating with the written word, but my heart truly lies in visual imagery. Once the original idea came to me, the picture shot into my mind like a lightning bolt. This is one of my favorite self-portraits that I've made over the past several months because of both the idea and the drawing itself. It feels pretty awesome when I can feel like I've pretty much nailed it...

#332 September 17, 2011,  Pen
Sounds: Allison Moorer, Crows

No comments:

Post a Comment