Monday, June 20, 2011

Day 242

I recently read a blog that gave some interesting ideas for finding and/or recovering and/or maintaining artistic inspiration. It had some pretty great thoughts that I know I can use. Don't get me wrong, I am still having loads of fun with this project, but after 242 days straight, sometimes it's tough to get the motivation to do yet another self-portrait!

One of the ideas was to return to drawing like a kid.  When we were all younger, it was fun to draw - for hours - and all of our drawings were good.  Hell, they were great!  I paraphrase Picasso when I say: "Every child is an artist.  But what happens to the artist when the child grows up?"  This blog suggested laying on your belly on the floor and draw just as we all did so many years ago.  So I did.

Another suggestion was to draw without any preliminary pencil marks - just draw directly with pen.  Obviously this is a concept that I've visited before during this project, but I figured it would be a good idea this time around as well. 

And although the blog didn't necessarily mention having a drink while drawing, I figured that was a good idea as well...

#242 June 19, 2011,  Pen
Sounds: Ray LaMontagne, God Willin' & the Creek Don't Rise

No comments:

Post a Comment