Friday, June 10, 2011

Day 232

I'll admit, this is a bit of a strange pose, but it was originally going somewhere specific.

We drove through a pretty spectacular lightning storm tonight.  I've always been fascinated by lightning, even though I was absolutely petrified of storms when I was a kid.  Tonight I saw what appeared to be lots and lots of sky to ground lightning, as well as splintered bolts dancing across the sky. 

As I drove along with Emma, I decided that tonight's self-portrait would include lightning in some way.  When I sat down to draw, I cocked my head back and planned a dark background with bolts of lightning shooting from my eyes.  Obviously the plan changed just a little once I started working...

#232 June 9, 2011,  Ink and acrylic on paper

No comments:

Post a Comment