Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Day 230

I think I've made it clear up to this point that I don't need for a self-portrait to be a "mirror image" of myself in order for it to be successful. I believe that a portrait can include such a wide variety of representations of a person that their physical likeness is completely unnecessary.

Then again, there are times when it's nice for the self-portrait to look like me; tonight is one of those times. There's a certain point in the creation of most artworks where I can tell that it's going to work. That precise moment is totally unpredictable and happens only when it's ready. Frankly, it didn't take long for that to happen tonight; I knew everything was clicking and this would be a nice artwork.

#230 June 7, 2011,  Charcoal

No comments:

Post a Comment