Sunday, October 24, 2010

Day 4

As I wrote yesterday's post, I immediately had the idea of what today's portrait would look like. It's a pretty fabulous feeling when an idea strikes you like that. I often say that art and art-making meets various needs for individuals, and one of the most important to me is experiencing the rush of creating something that didn't exist before. To put it simply, sometimes it's like an addiction that needs to be fed - the NEED to make art. And I felt like I NEEDED to make this drawing.

I made this drawing with Ebony pencil and graphite stick, which are two of my favorite drawing mediums. Although it's far too soon to predict, I would make a bet that I'll use the Ebony pencil more than any other medium for this project - it's so versatile that an artist can create many very interesting effects with it.

#4 October 24, 2010,  Graphite stick and Ebony pencil on paper
Sounds: The Rainmakers,Flirting With The Universe

No comments:

Post a Comment